
We just got back form another great lake powell trip. The wind blew a little bit more this trip so we didn't get as good as water as usual, but it was still fun. We went on another hike. This one tougher then the last, at least this time I had better shoes on:) It was a little scary at times, since the footage wasn't always stable and you were jumping, running or sliding form one spot to the next. This is of course with cliffs straight down. We were trying to get to a spot we thought we could cliff jump that turned out to be over 100 feet so we bypassed it. Every night the kids had either a dance off or a beat Grandpa up night. My nephew Sam learned when asked "who wants to go to lake powell?" he would raise his arm and say "I do!" It was adorable.
Even my sister Brittney, who has had MANY health problems lately water skied. She can't see 6 inches in front of her and had to be extremely protective of her sight skied. The first time in her garments and pj's, her husband said the first time her garms would protect her, the rest of the time she wore her swimming suit and scuba goggles, she even crossed the wake even though she didn't know shew as going to because she couldn't see it, she did it a lot of times and all by feel. Way to go Britt. We got the kids up wake boarding, well they would be inbetween my brother in laws legs, but they loved it. We put a NOS system on the boat, which my dad LOVED trying out on all of us, I think I was out of the water in about 5 seconds. It was kind of nice. We did have some jerks for neighbors. It cooled down pretty good at night and I had to get into my sleeping bag way earlier. I got through two books and started a third and even got some studying in.
Even my sister Brittney, who has had MANY health problems lately water skied. She can't see 6 inches in front of her and had to be extremely protective of her sight skied. The first time in her garments and pj's, her husband said the first time her garms would protect her, the rest of the time she wore her swimming suit and scuba goggles, she even crossed the wake even though she didn't know shew as going to because she couldn't see it, she did it a lot of times and all by feel. Way to go Britt. We got the kids up wake boarding, well they would be inbetween my brother in laws legs, but they loved it. We put a NOS system on the boat, which my dad LOVED trying out on all of us, I think I was out of the water in about 5 seconds. It was kind of nice. We did have some jerks for neighbors. It cooled down pretty good at night and I had to get into my sleeping bag way earlier. I got through two books and started a third and even got some studying in. Mike made it possible to go to lake powell by doing so much work at the apartments since he was odne with his internship and school hasn't started yet. He is really excited for school to start next week and I am a bit jealous wishing I was able to go as well :( I would love to get a second bachelors or a masters, but the question is WHAT? Any suggestions.
No comments:
Post a Comment