Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Turned Upside down- Be careful!!!!!!!!!!!

OK. So Friday morning life got a little turned upside down to says the least. I got to the gym at 5:40 am, went in changed realized I left my Ipod in my purse so ran back out and got it. Went in worked out, got ready for work and headed back out to my car. When I got there my passenger was broken out and my purse which was tucked under my seat was gone. They spent over $1400.00 in less then an hour, plus the cash that was my in my purse that was left from our wedding, I'd pulled it out of our safe the evening before so I could go by a Bosch. They also got all my gift cards, were talking about a lot of money in gift cards, some from our wedding, some from birthdays, Christmas and other stuff. They even went to the bank and pulled money out.
We spent the weekend closing all our accounts, putting up fraud alerts on everything, talking to the police and tracking them down. We almost caught them on Saturday when they tried to pull more out. But they got away before the police could get there.
This has been such a headache and nightmare. I am so exhausted with dealing with all of it. It seems to never end. We should get all our money back, but it just takes time. Plus getting all new cards and accounts and so forth. Please don't leave anything in your car, cause you never know whats going to happen or what time of day.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Oh bummer, I'm so sorry that sucks. Good luck with it all.

Trevor & Lindsey said...

Holly Cow Brooke! Thats not good at all! Im so sorry let me know if you need any help!

Jason and Heidi said...

Oh my gosh Brooke, I am SOOO sorry to hear!! That is terrible. People make me so mad!! I hope all goes well and you find the s.o.b.'s that did it.