Ok so Mike and I went to the Temple last night. We go about once a month, but last night we were going for some very specific reasons. I am really struggling with finding a job, but was offered an internship (unpaid) and wasn't sure if to actually accept it or not and a few other things.
So it was our first time doing a session at the SL temple which means it was our first live session. We already weren't quite sure what to expect since we've only been to Jordan River and Bountiful (thanks Amy) a half a dozen times or so. Well we are sitting in the chapel waiting for the session to start. I had just finished a prayer of wanting to understand what goes on better, and remember the things I am supposed and help with things I am struggling with when Mike leans over to me and says, we were just picked to be the witness couple. Sure enough the worker came up and asks to speak to us for a second outside and asks us to be the witness couple. No worries, my anxiety shot up. I don't even know my way around this temple, especially with it being a live session and all and our first one, still don't know everything I am doing, though am getting better at it I think. Well of course we accepted and it was awesome, the whole thing was, from beginning to end. I was pretty nervous a lot of the time and struggled with my clothes once and was embarrassed once but overall it was awesome. How often do you get the opportunity to do it. It was also a really small session which I really liked, there were 11 men (2 of whom were temple workers) and 9 women. We got to one of temple workers a little before and it was really special. The whole opportunity was pretty special, it was a whirlwind, I loved it. I hope we get asked to have that opportunity again.
We then left the temple and were walking around temple square and it is amazing how much the devil hits you when you are on such a spiritual high like we came off of. They had to close the temple so we'd been ask to leave after a few minutes in the Celestial Room. So we were walking around temple square talking about how awesome that was and about the decision we need to make, well I just started getting hit with self doubt, insecurity, not knowing what in the world I am supposed to be doing or where I am supposed to be going. We talked through it all and the night still ended on a really high note, but the devil sure knows how to hit you. I love my husband and how helpful and supportive he is. He is so awesome and helps me so much, he is such a strength when it comes to hard stuff. He's the best:)
2 comments:
Brooke,
As I am sure you know...you are doing the right thing. Praying and attending the temple will give you such amazing blessings. It will streghten you in ways that you don't expect. Hang in there, your answer will come. Good luck with everything...by the way Utah Centeral Credit Union is hiring...check their website under careers.
I was so nervous being a witness couple. I'm glad you guys had such a great experience. You are also lucky your session was small because it has never been small at the temple for us.
Post a Comment